Before Closing Checklist
- Review Closing Statement prior to closing.
- Bring one legal form of photo Identification issued by a governmental agency (driver’s license, state issued ID or passport).
- Lenders may allow seller to pay buyer’s “prepaid items” (negotiable via contract).
- Lenders seldom allow credits on closing statements such as “lump sum” credits for closing costs or credit for repairs.
- Even though it is included in the contract, do not assume that the lender has approved it (i.e. seller leaseback, etc.). Check with the lender for special or unusual contract conditions and get approval for such in writing as soon as possible.
- Realtor or 3rd party paid items require lender approval and should be noted on contract.
Certain circumstances may cause delays in closing. You can help by notifying your Tri County Land Title & Escrow Co., LLC closing professional if you are aware of any of the following conditions:
Death of property owners
Divorce or separation
Easements obtained or given since purchase of property
Existing contract or deed
Guardianship or incompetence of seller
Liens or judgments against property owners
Power of Attorney
Recent marriage of seller or buyer
Sellers or buyers that will not be present at closing